Did you miss us? :)
We've spent the last few months getting ready and gearing up for this year's Great London Yarn Crawl, and of course figuring out ways to make it even better for our participants, as well as our charity of choice, Refuge.
This is a great time for us to say THANK YOU to all of you who took the time to answer our survey, or email us, or pull us aside at last year's after party and let us know what you thought of the event (why yes, we DO know that we need a bigger venue for the after-party!). We've taken on board as much as we reasonably can and it's going to be a great year two for the GLYC!
|Did you see our fab ad in the latest issue of PomPom?|
What can you expect this year and in the coming months leading up to the event:
- new shops joining us this year and a GLYC expansion outside zones 1 and 2
- hearing about other ways we're hoping to give more back to the charity
- smaller group sizes and more routes to tickle your fancy!
- more routes and groups means we'll need some more volunteers - can you help?
- a kick-ass after-party brought to you by those party-planner extraordinaire gals at PomPom Quarterly
- and of course, more fab stuff in the goody bags and after-party prizes!
Key dates to remember: the GLYC takes place on Saturday, 20 September, AND tickets will be on sale as of Tuesday, 8 July - so mark your calendars now!
In the meantime, why not join the chat in our Ravelry forum and share what you've been making with last year's stash enhancement, or visit our Media Shout-Outs page to re-live last year's fun. We've just put up a write-up of the event from Mollie Makes, written by one of last year's volunteers, Zoe Willis. (Sadly, Zoe has moved to Australia so won't be joining us on this year's crawl - but perhaps she'll start her own Down Under!)
And of course, stay tuned and watch this space for more posts and updates in the coming weeks and months to keep you excited as the big day approaches. We can't wait to share with you all that we have planned!