It's that moment we've all been waiting for - the 2014 GLYC Routes are now available for your perusal! Before we get to the details there are a few things we want to address up front:
1) These routes do not yet have the final timings - those will be determined over the summer. However, for those of you coming in from out of town, the earliest shop visits will start at 10:00 am, and you will be meeting up with your group approximately 15 min before the start. If there is any doubt, aim to be early! There are plenty of coffee/tea options available, and we'd hate to miss you if you're running late.
2) Three of the routes have some extended transfer times. Romney and Bluefaced Leicester each have one transfer that is about an hour, and Shetland has two approximately hour long transfers between shops. We've done our very best to keep the transfer times as short as possible, but in order to get each shop on the schedule three times, there are some longer commutes. Just think of it as more knitting time! Also note: the travel times are estimates only, and the actual transfer time on the day is in the hands of TfL and the vagaries of London traffic.
3) The routes are subject to change without notice, and if undersubscribed, a route may be cancelled. If we do have to cancel a route, we will contact all the participants and put those individuals on another route of their choosing as long as space is available.
4) Tickets will go on sale next Tuesday, 8th July. Exact time will be announced closer to the day. Please limit purchases to two tickets per person so we can get a good mix on each route.
OK, without any further ado, we give you - The Routes (click on shop names below to read their profile):
Team Teesdale - Handweaver's Studio and Gallery, Fringe, I Knit London, Mrs. Moon*
Team Jacob - The Village Haberdashery, Handweaver's Studio and Gallery, Prick Your Finger, Knit with Attitude
Team Wensleydale - Loop, Handweaver's Studio and Gallery, Sharp Works, Stitch Up
Team Cheviot - Knit with Attitude, Prick Your Finger, Loop, Nest
Team Swaledale - Mrs. Moon*, Stitch Up, Sharp Works, I Knit London
Team Suffolk - Mrs. Moon (slightly later start)*, I Knit London, The Village Haberdashery, Nest
Team Romney** - Stitch Up, Sharp Works, Loop, Wild & Woolly
Team Shetland** - Wild & Woolly, Knit with Attitude, Fringe, The Village Haberdashery
Team Bluefaced Leicester** - Fringe, Nest, Prick Your Finger, Wild & Woolly
We will start up Team specific threads in the Ravelry group so you can chatter and get to know each other before September. When we've allocated volunteers, we will link them in to each thread so you can bombard them with questions as needed.
We hope you all are as excited about this year's GLYC as we are - we can't wait to see you all in a couple of months!
* Please note that Mrs. Moon is likely to be shifting locations over the summer. We are aware of this, and the owners have assured us that they will be ready for our visit come September, albeit in a slightly different space. They will, however, still be in the St. Margaret's area, so we don't expected the routes to change dramatically.
** Routes with one or two longer transfer times (~1 hr).