Well, after the goody bag stuffing extravaganza of last week, we have finalised the contents of the Grand Prize for the raffle - are you ready to see it? Feast your eyes on this:
Not sure how all of this is getting to King's Cross intact yet...
The Grand Prize includes:
1. A bag of Rowan Baby Merino Silk DK (66% super wash merino/34% tussah silk) in "Sky", for a total of 10 skeins, or 1350 m/500 gr of yarn. Hello new sweater!
2. A skein of sweetgeorgia Superwash Worsted (100% superwash merino, 182 m/115 gr) in "Hush". Hello new hat!
3. A skein of The Uncommon Thread Everyday Worsted (100% superwash merino, 183 m/100 gr) in "Tourmaline". Perhaps a cowl to go with your new sweater?
4. A skein of Twisted MN from Whimzy ((80% super wash merino/20% nylon, 365 m/100 gr) in "Lavender Fields". Hello cushy new socks!
5. A Noordzee kit, including a skein of (the sadly no longer available) Nimu Helvellyn (65% silk/35% cashmere, 400 m/100 gr) in "Crushed", plus a copy of Rachel's Noordzee Shawl pattern and a pot of beads to knit your own, all in an extra GLYC goody/project bag.
That about covers the yarny goodness, but there is more:
6. A set of ChiaoGoo Bamboo DPN sock needles, 15 cm long, ranging in size from 2.25 to 3.25 mm (US 1-3), to start on your Whimzy yarn straight away.
7. Another set of beads from Inspiration Knits (in case you don't like the ones included in your Noordzee kit), and
8. A copy of the lovely Knit Night scarf from Inspiration Knits.
9. A copy of Norwegian Knitting Designs by Annichen Sibbern Bohn, which includes loads of colorwork charts for designing your own pieces.
9. A 90 ml bottle of Soak in "Aquae" for washing up all your finished objects.
Now that we've whetted your appetites with all these lovelies, let's go over how you can get an entry into the Raffle:
1) You can buy a raffle ticket at the after party, where they will be available for £1 per ticket, or 6 tickets for £5 (all of these proceeds will go directly to the charity).
2) You can knit an item for Refuge and bring it to the after party to exchange for 3 raffle tickets (so if you bring in three things, you'll get nine tickets). Refuge are looking for warm accessories in a range of sizes (baby to adult), but have a particular need for mittens and hats for babies and toddlers, hats and scarves for older children, and scarf and hat sets for women.
If you need some pattern inspiration, check out our blog post about knitting for Refuge.
Many thanks to all of our sponsors for their generosity!
The countdown is seriously on now folks, and we hope you're getting excited! Be sure to head over to the Ravelry group, as there's a lot of pre-crawl planning and chatter going on. See you on Saturday!