We hope you're having a fabulous 2015 so far. Things have been very exciting at YITC HQ as we've been gearing up for this year. Of course, if you've been listening to our podcast you'll have an idea of what some of them are already!
First things first in case you've missed it, we have a new date for GLYC2015. Mark your calendars now as this year's Yarn Crawl will be on
SATURDAY, 5th SEPTEMBER 2015
This is exciting for us as it means we can really help to kick off the autumn knitting season!We've got a few crazy things planned for you this year - are you ready? Here's what's staying the same:
- Number of shops, number of routes and group sizes
- Our awesome charity recipient Refuge
- Collecting knits for charity (you guys were so amazing at this last year, how could we not?!)
- Three shop visits instead of four (we listened to your feedback that visiting four shops requires a lot of stamina!)
- A slightly later start - makes it easier on those of you joining us from outside London
- NO after party in a pub - because we're doing a KICK-OFF PARTY and starting the day together instead!
- An exclusive visit to the Yarn in the City Pop-Up Marketplace
ALL Yarn Crawlers will start their day together at a kick-off party in the Pop-Up Marketplace - located in central London at Chelsea Old Town Hall. You'll get exclusive access for an hour with your groups, before heading out on your routes to visit three shops. At that time, the Pop-Up Marketplace will open to the general public.
We'll also have a collection point for all your charity knits, and this way you won't have to carry them with you across London on the rest of your day.
Phew! That's probably enough info to take in for now but as always, watch this space for more details, or join us in our Ravelry group for the latest updates.